This is the final parcel of land fronting Halsey Pond in one of the most beautiful and sought after areas in Irvington. 4.423 acres of vacant land at Halsey Pond, Irvington, NY (Across the street from 1 Castle Road). In 1905, A. J. Manning was commissioned by oil and cotton magnate,Melchior Beltzhoover, to build an exact replica of a Rhineland castle. The building, called “Rochroane”, was sold to Benjamin Halsey in 1927 and renamed “Grey Towers,” but was abandoned in 1976, and it burned down the next year (the exterior was stone, but the interior was wood). Much of the land that was part of the original estate was sold to developers and all that remains is the pond with some land around it. Halsey Pond Park is considered Irvington's best kept secret. It is a scenic, tranquil area for passive recreation activities. Halsey Pond Park is open from dawn to dusk. New York State fishing license required for fishing.
Just about 20 miles from New York City, and hugging the Hudson River, this verdant village is known for its lovingly preserved 19th-century archi...Learn More